Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Warmth of Summer

Hello Everyone,

OK, by a show of hands who is READY for Summer? I love summer! I grew up in Florida my whole life, so I have such reminiscent moments of long, lazy summer days. You know how something changes in the air and you can tell that summer break is on the way? I love that. I can feel a change in the breeze, the smell of the grass changes, and the glow the of the seems to soften up a bit. I love eating dinner on the back porch in the beauty of the sunset. People are just way more relaxed in the summer, too. The stores come out with lines of patio furniture, hanging lanterns, dishware and all sort of fun things for entertaining, and of course everything is splashed with fun colors. It makes you want to buy it all just so you have an excuse to make some lemonade (or if you're like me, you love Strawberry lemonade) and sit outside basking in the sun!

THE DETAILS:
This card has a fun summer feel. The Bazzill Orange cardstock has a nice shimmer to it. I LOVE SQUARE SHAPES for cardbases. Yes, it's a pain when you are mailing the card, but it's attractive to have something that breaks out of the typical dimensions, too. The pattern paper gives almost a safari or tropical floral feeling to it. Orange and Brown is a fabulous combo, if you ask me. A scallop punch with Papertrey Ink's "Mega Mixed Messages" gives a simple feel to the whole card. I also like the ribbon which is a nice eye line for the card. ALSO NOTE, I cheated a bit! My sewing machine is in storage while we are in Colorado for the school year, but I LOVE all the stitching that is so popular in the papercrafting world these days. SO, I drew some faux stitches by hand. And, if you look closely you will also see that I scored my paper with my ScorePal and inked it up a bit for texture.

SO, what's your favorite thing about SUMMER? Any fun memories? Any dreams for the future? What's a perfect summer day look like for you? I would love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online