Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Easter Inspirations #1


I absolutely LOVE Easter! What wonderful time to celebrate the sacrifice, death, and resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ. He has done so much for me... my heart is FULL with all the favor, healing, grace, and blessings he has given me. As a Preacher's Kid, Easter was always quite a big deal in our house. It was a busy time of year, but I loved it all. I loved seeing the church filled with Easter lilies. I loved dying eggs and showing up on Easter morning with colored fingers in my prettiest new dress. Now as an adult, I still love all these things, and I love experiencing the wonder and beauty of new life at Easter through my son's eyes.

SPRING ALWAYS INSPIRES ME TO GET BACK INTO MY SCRAPBOOKING HABIT!

STICK TO THE THEME:
SO I have been scrapbooking this week. And since I am a few years behind, I have developed a fun system. I pick an event or holiday and scrapbook the past few years all together. SO, this week I have worked on Easter and Egg Hunts from 2008, 2009, 2010. I have used this idea for several other holidays, and it is really fun! I get to see the change over the years and keep my mind in the similiar themes and color schemes... and when I am done then atleast I can say I am caught up in that holiday. SO far, I am caught up in Easter, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, and almost on birthdays. It's really fun to scrapbook this way, and I encourage you to give it a try.

This was so fun as it was Noah's first Easter! He had blue and white striped pants with his button up shirt. What a cutie. AND this was just before he started crawling (aww the good ole days when things were simple!) so it was easy to prop him up and pose him for a picture.
SLICE to the rescue. If I had one tool to keep, no doubt it would be my Slice. I cut out the title and the swirls to give a whimsical Easter Egg hidden in the grass effect. A chipboard frame also draws attention to my handsome boys!
Papertrey Ink has come out with an AWESOME line of dies that run through your cuttlebug or big shot. I LOVE THEM! Of course most of the new dies coordinate with their newly released stamps which is wonderful and can be used for scrapbooking and cardmaking. I got the large scallop border and can't stop using it! :) You will see it pictured in every layout I share with you this week.
Aren't these Easter colors FABULOUS? It just brightens my day! This page highlights Easter 2008. Well, I hope you are in the mood for a little Spring-filled inspiration because I will be bring the other pages to you this week!
Love and Grace to you all!!!
Tiffany








No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online