Saturday, May 29, 2010

GRADUATION DAY!

What a FABULOUS WEEKEND!

>>Today, I was bursting with joy and absolutely BEAMING as I watched my husband, Luke, graduate from the New Life School of Worship, at New Life Church in Colorado Springs, CO. Luke began school as full time worship student this past August, and what an amazing adventure it has been.

>> God called us to resign from our ministry positions in our home town, in our home church, sell our house, leave our friends and family, and pick up and move. To be honest, I was terrified, but still trusting that God knew what He was doing, so we went with great joy and expectation. Wow, it was so worth it.

>> Our little family (me, Luke, my son and our 4 lb Yorkie) grew closer as we played in the snow, worshipped together, served at our church, and sought the Lord during this incredible season. Luke has blossomed and the Lord has done soo much in his heart. The NLSW program teaches students to be worship pastors. They learn about pastoral leadership, Biblical foundations of Worship, public communication, team building, music theory, song writing, directing a band, systematic theology, and sooo much more. They study under incredible leadership and press in that God might pour out a passionate heart for HIM and for PEOPLE all over them. What a powerful year that will always be a treasure in our hearts.

.............................................................................................

SO, what a joy it was to worship this morning with our new friends, and cheer for my hubby as he walked across the stage to receive his diploma (with a 4.0 GPA no less!)
>> Luke's parents, John and Gail (of Cruise and Crop) flew in for the occasion and we have been celebrating all weekend!
Of course, I needed to have a special card for my husband to congratulate him on his awesome accomplishment. Breaking free from the traditional school colors theme, I thought PTI's Aqua Mist, with Kraft, Dark Chocolate and Bright Orange would be fun for the summer celebration!


DETAILS DETAILS:
>> I emailed the NLSW registrar and she graciously sent me some of the logo artwork used for the school, so I was able to make a special custom card that fit the occasion perfectly. (Thank you, Lindsey!) SO, the title, and large and small microphone logos go with the NLSW theme.
>> I used my cuttlebug with a musical impession to add life to the music and worship theme.
>> The bright orange felt was just too fun, and the PTI orange rhinestones were a perfect touch, too!
OK, how fun and edgy does this felt frame look? It totally works with the masculine and contemporary art that IS everywhere around the NLSW crowd. I simply cut a square frame around the circle punched logo and then trimmed the edges of two corners... LOVE IT!


The inside of my card was simple, but has the idea of banners being raised to celebrate my awesome husband.

Here's a snapshot of the New Life School of Worship Graduating Class of 2010 with the Worship Staff as well! (Luke is on the right in a gray jacket with Ross Parsley , pastor of One Chapel, beside him.)

Here is me, Luke, and Glenn Packiam after graduation. Glenn is the well-known songwriter, author, and President of the School of Worship. It has been such a blessing to serve in ministry with him. He is dear to our family, and a true inspiration. He has poured so much into Luke, and we are so grateful for how he has blessed our family. (Check out Glenn's awesome blog!)


Here's a quick pick of the happy family after we munched on cake, punch, and enjoyed the company of our friends!
I am SOO blessed with an amazing family, and a Christ-following husband for a leader! My heart is so full and grateful.
.....................................................
FUTURE PLANS:
God totally has our family in the palm of HIS hands. Luke will be leading worship part-time for the Summer at a church in Castle Rock. We are looking forward to a restful summer in Colorado Springs as we grow as a family and continue to serve at our church. (And Lord willing, I will finish my book, too!) After that... we are excited to see what God has in store for us.
.....................................................

Thanks to all you sweet bloggers and friends who have been such an encouragement and support during this adventurous season in our lives! I love you all!






No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online