Friday, May 7, 2010

A Woman FULL of Grace!

Today's post is a Tribute to a lot of AMAZING WOMEN in my life! I sat down yesterday to make a Mother's Day card and started making a list of the women I wanted to honor this year. My list kept getting longer and longer! SO, TEN cards later, I am excited to share my creations with you!
You might notice a familiar sentiment on the front of the card. When I was trying to come up with a theme for the card, I wanted it to be special. I thought about all the wonderful women and mother's in my life, and I found a common thread... they are all women of grace! You will see how I brought the theme to life with the inside sentiment later in this post.


Here are a few details that make the card feel finished off with beauty.
Papertrey Ink's large scallop border was easy to die cut in multiples, and has a wonderfully whimsical feel to it. Then I always have to give a shout out to my SLICE. This frame was cut using the Vintage Findings MS design card. One thing that is always fun about using my slice is that my two year old son LOVES to help. So he sits in my lap and holds the slice down with me while it cuts. (Train 'em up right while they're young!)

Papertrey Ink made my life so easy yesterday as I was planning my mass crafting project! You will note the Perfect Match miracles! I used PTI's Sweet Blush cardstock for the top, and then pretty much all the Sweet Blush ribbon I had on hand! It was fun that even though these cards are all the same, there was something fun about changing up the ribbons. From the swiss spots, to grosgrain, to satin, it made for a different feel for each card. The difference in texture was so fun!



I used a pink ink to create a floral stamp frame. Then my fun flowers in the middle are the centerpiece. Last night my hubby and I watched a movie while I colored in all the flowers to give some depth. I love how it brings life to the project. Also note that I free handed some fresh grass with a Crayola Marker at the base of the three flowers. :)
Papertrey's Rhinestones are also a fabulous touch. HOW AWESOME that they have 100 rhinestones for $2 and all in the perfect match series! These were raspberry fizz and I think they added a nice pop to the card! You can't beat that price AND they actually match! I love that!



Above you will see my sentiment created for the inside. (Click on the jpeg, and it should appear larger in another window to make it easier for you to read.) I love making a card with a custom word of encouragement. This part always ends up being my favorite part of the card! I also love having the theme on the front to pull it together, but I also like that is doesn't mention Mother's Day on the front... some people feel like they have to put a card away when the holiday has passed, but if it doesn't say Mother's Day on the front, then it can just be an encouragement for an even longer season as it brings cheer to their home


I also wanted to share another variation of the card as well. I ran out of the brighter pattern paper, and still wanted to make two more cards. SO, I found a nice alternative with a distressed and muted polka dot paper. This totally changes the feel of the card.And you can see the use of different ribbons, too.
Well, I pray you all have a WONDERFUL Mother's Day! Each of you, whether you are a mom or not... YOU ARE CHERISHED! God loves you like Nobody's BIZNESS! And that is the greatest love we can hope for! I send a hug and kiss to you all on this Mother's Day weekend!
Nothing but Grace,
Tiffany






7 comments:

  1. Tiffany, this is the most beautiful card I've ever seen. I love how personal you made it feel. Anyone receiving this card is going to be very lucky. Thanks for the inspiration.

    And Happy Mother's Day to you!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, thanks so much for your kind words! I hope you have a WONDERFUL mother's day... whether you are a mother or not... you should be celebrated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel so special to have received one of these cards. Thanks Tiff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tiffany - What a joy to read your words of hope and faith in the midst of my day already blessed with God's goodness and grace!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Tiffany,
    What a wonderful blog! I enjoyed reading through and seeing what a blessing you are to so many people. We have a summer/vacation home in Golden and I'm on my way back to Texas for The Great American Scrapbook Convention first week in June. Thank you for sharing your work and your faith.
    Cathy Monkman

    ReplyDelete
  6. jhtkmt@bellsouth.netMay 25, 2010 at 7:21 PM

    your blog is now one of my bookmarks. Love your ideas! Karen Thompson

    ReplyDelete
  7. R G de Guzman (delrio_1999@yahoo.com)May 26, 2010 at 11:25 AM

    Very nice card. I loved the ribbon and the peach colors.

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online