Sunday, August 15, 2010

Embellishments Release!!!

YAY!!! The day has arrived! Embellishments is now officially released for purchase at the Papertrey Ink website! Check it out!!!

Well, I had so much fun using this stamp set for release projects that I still have quite a few left over that I couldn't fit in the count down days... so be sure to check out my blog as I bring more projects your way with the Embellishments stamp set.

OK, so, the other day I came skipping out of my craft room with this card in hand and a girlish smile. Sicne I prettty much do this for every little thing I create, my husband didn't hardly turn his head away from the computer. I asked him if he liked the card and his eyes lit up! Ha! He REALLY DID like it! That's when I knew it was a winner! He said it had "Southern Charm". Now, I don't know how southern it is, and since we are moving to North Carolina in like 4 days, I can't blame him for having the south on his mind. I WILL, however, give him credit... I think "charm" is the right word.

Since this card is called "Embellishments", I chose to let it live up to the name. I was inspired by the 3-D look of some other floral embellishments, one of which I used on the card, and tried to make the blue flourish a similar embellishment as well. With my dies and cuttlebug, some pop-up action, glitter, and pearls, I think I pulled it off. :)

How sweet is this little digital stamp from Digital Tuesday? This stamp is called "Fairy 6". And I just love it. I thought the sentiment and image together reminded me of the sweet whispers from a friend, or wisdom from a trusted loved one.

............................................................

I think my favorite part of the card is the hand cut frame I made for the sentiment. I just stamped it, and let my scissors have some fun. I love that it is not symmetrical yet still feels balanced and interesting to look at. Would anyone like to see stamps like this? I am wondering if I can work on something fun for next year!
Staying Connected:
This week, I have SOOO loved getting to hear your ideas, your feedback and even stories from your own life. I was so encouraged by your kind words, support for my move to NC and just to connect and see how much we all have in common. I would love to stay in touch! So keep the comments coming or email me and we can connect!
...
AUGUST COUNT DOWN WINNERS:

(Here are the winners from last week's prize give-aways! Please contact me via email at tiffany@tiffanypastor.com with your shipping information so I can mail your prize asap! If you didn't win, check out my blog in the future for monthly prize offers again!)
...
Day 2: (first impressions on the Embellishments stamp set)
Marge wrote:
"I'm telling you with the flourishes and dies to cut them out and then some lace/bling and vintage images this is going to sell like hotcakes! Love these samples!"

...
Day 3: (your favorite color)
Kara wrote:
"blue!! my engagement ring is blue, my bedroom walls are blue, my husband's eyes are blue. :)"

...
Day 4: (ideas surrounding masculine card themes)
Jan wrote: (regarding ways to use the flourishes...)
"The dust from a horse in a rodeo? Or a sports car at high speed? With a royal hand of cards? Or a King's Crown?"

...
Day 5:
Sally Watkins wrote:
"Wonderful new set! So many wonderful uses for these images. I am trying to strengthen my vintage and frilly style.This set would be a great tool for this goal. Hope the move goes well and that you enjoy the new community. Thanks for sharing."
Congratulations to all the Winners! And a note to all my blogging buddies, I would love to see links of your projects as you start using Embellishments in your own creative endeavors!


With joy,









3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I can't believe I won! I can't wait to see the goodies that you have hand selected to work with this set. This set is already in my cart and ready to order. All the projects you and the PTI design team have been so inspiring! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This IS charming, indeed! And I'm a Southern girl! (well, old lady is more like it ! LOL)
    I love your card, it's just beautiful. And I ordered the set! I can't wait to get my PTI order. It's like Xmas every single month, when I get to see the PTI new release. It just makes my life more exciting! (I know, pathetic, huh?!)
    Have a wonderful week! Your creations are just fantastic!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online