Sunday, February 15, 2009

I love my husband!



This year my husband told me not to buy him a Valentine's card. No problem! I wasn't going to anyway! But I did plan to put my words and creativity into action to share my love for him. The craft colored cardstock gave a perfect look to help make the card a little more masculine. I love the art, but I also love the sentiments in a great card... so I made my own!



As I mentioned in earlier posts, I am a font addict! Bickham Script Pro has been one of my new favorite fancy fonts. Futura is also a favorite sans serif with a modern look. As I sat in front of my computer and thought about my wonderful husband... these three thoughts came to me: "You have ignited the joy of Romance. You have taught me so much about love. You have given a whole new meaning to life." These phrases said it all for me.



DESIGN:
I love to use simple and clean lines. This card had a nice balance, but I cut the last sentiment with a diagonal to make it stand out a little bit. The same shape was used again on the inside of the card.

I love swirly flourishes in stamping! You might notice the subtle flourishes on the burgundy cardstock, and then of course the others in black on the top layer with the sentiments. The two colors that really made this card pop were the green and pink accents. I must admit, the green was a bright Crayola marker that I used to color in some of the lines! The pink is my new favorite pink... BERRY SORBET by PaperTrey Ink! This pink is great for stamping images (the subtle swirls) or for adding a little punch with the distressed edges around the sentiments.



All I have to say is I LOVE my Husband and I am grateful for one more excuse to tell him he means the world to me!

2 comments:

  1. That's very creative!! Don't you just love how well Kraft cardstock goes with pink (and everything else)? :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the card that you made for your husband. But I love the fact that you love your husband and proclaim it. What I like even more is that at the top of your blog, you state you love your Savior Jesus Christ. Amen, is what I say to that. With out him we have nothing, and with him we have everything. I look forward to seeing more of your cards.

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online