Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Another Year!

If there is any permanent staple in the paper crafting world, it would have to BIRTHDAY CARDS!! There is always a birthday coming around the corner! With a big family, and wonderful friends, I am always working on a card to send out.
BIRTHDAY CARDS ARE THE BEST. Aside from my other favorite card to make which is a just because, and really just to uplift and encourage someone, Birthday cards are so important.
Statistics show that people today are more lonely than ever. We may have all this fancy technology to connect, but we also must close the gap between out computers and real friendship. I believe that a hand made card does just that! People get to see your creativity, your heart, and appreciate your time given to bless them.
TWO THINGS THAT WILL MAKE YOUR FRIENDSHIPS BLOSSOM... First, I think it's important to remember and celebrate their birthday. And Second, be loyal and faithful as they endure a harship or trial. Some of my best friends are the ones who rode out difficulty with me. I remember my friend who cared for me after getting my wisdom teeth out. I remember my friend who brought food and cried with me when my dad had a heart attack. I remember my friend who fought for truth and justice when others attacked and lied about me. These are great friends. I love them and I cherish them.
OK... So back to the birthday card.
For some reason I always get creatively stuck when making birthday cards-- I get bored with the sentiments and always look for something more original. I will be showing off some birthday cards I made in bulk in my nexy post, but for now... here is a fun card. I actually made if for my brother in law. I was trying not to make it too girly, though I love the florals on the papers and I had to add rhine stones and glitter on the background paper. But the green PTI cardstock with the blue colors convinced me that it would work.

I am so excited that my new PTI scallop border should be arriving any day now, but I couldn't wait to put the technique to use. So, I figured that a circle punch would help me out. :)
OF course, I must always have to pay tribute to my SLICE, for the sentiment, and my Cuttlebug for fun texture!
Check out Nichole's blog for the exciting Papertrey Ink countdown for this month!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online