Friday, July 9, 2010

Summer Flowers

Greetings Sweet Bloggers!!
This morning I got up and went on a 4 mile hike up to a place called Stanley Canyon on the backside of the Air Force Academy property. WOW! It was gorgeous! Next, I am disregarding my husband's advice and bringing the camera so I can share the beauty with you!
...................................................................................
In Colorado Springs, flowers are in full bloom! June is probably more spectacular, BUT July is still quite lovely! Our hike today was splashed with color as the creek was bordered by purple, yellow, pink, orange, and blue flowers. *sigh!* I just love it.

This card was made in honor of my beloved "house mom". Thea welcomed my family into her home last August. We have been living in her amazing basement all year as my husband attended school. She has become a dear friend, AND she is a crafter! I love showing her my recent projects or bouncing around card ideas, etc. Well, on July 4, Thea had a birthday! SO, I thought I would put together a card that had serene and calm colors which is so much like her personality. I loved the warm beauty of the summer flowers. :)
.................................................................................
DETAILS, DETAILS!
>> Of course, my PTI perfect match came in handy, too! You can hues from Spring Rain, Summer Sunrise, Terracotta Tile, Ripe Avocado, and Spring Mist.
>> The pattern paper was from We R Memory Keepers, and how fun is my furry orange ribbon?!?! I love it! And it has a wire in it so it is soo easy to shape the way I like.
>> I LOVE my new PTI Beautiful Blooms die!!! I bet you will be seeing more and more of this!!

Let your gaze rest on the beauty of God's creation today!







No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online