Wednesday, July 7, 2010

With Compassion

Hello dear bloggers!
What a busy week! With family in town, two birthdays, 4th of July, and a baseball game... boy, I am tired! We had a blast hangin' with my inlaws and other family as well. Tomorrow a good friend of mine from Florida will be flying in so we will enjoy our visit with her for the next few days, too! I can't wait. I have lots of fun girl time planned in the schedule in addition to some fun hiking and local sites, too.
This is a birthday card I made the other day for my sweet Compassion child from Bolivia named Jhonny. He will be turning 9 years old in August. We have been so blessed to sponsor and be a part of this little boy's life. We sponsored Jhonny about 2.5 years ago shortly after our son was born. It has been awesome to connect with Jhonney through cards and teach our son to pray for someone in need who is far away. Since the cards can only fit in a normal business envelope, I usually get boxed in for the card size, but try to vary things up a bit for him, too. I plan to have a friend translate a note for me in his Spanish so he can read it right on the card!


DETAILS, DETAILS!
>> Papertrey Saves the Day! As always I just LOVE those PTI colors, and Spring Moss has been my all time favorite for a while.
>> I designed the sentiment on my computer, and had fun adding the summery burst of orange in the string and rhinestones.
>>TEXTURE: I love the little fuzzy green thread that adds something soft to the card, too!
................................................................................
Have a Super Dooper Day!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online