Thursday, February 10, 2011

Love Day 2

We are getting closer and closer to Valentine's Day and I still have no plans! :) Last year I had an all day Mommy Date planned with my son which was awesome. We had Pink Pancakes that spelled "I Love You", we had girl scout cookies, ice cream with lots of toppings, popcorn, some other goodies, and a fun new movie to cuddle and watch. :) My husband was out of town that day, so I made it special with my son. This year, I will have to get creative and surprise my hubby with something special. Any suggestions? :)
I Just loved the way this card came out. So fun and bright for spring. I loved this pattern paper, and the flowers on the paper look great with the scallops in the embellishments, too!
.......................................................
DETAILS, DETAILS!
>> Papertrey Colors are Chartreuse for the sentiment scalloped frame. And Ocean Tides ribbon in satin. I also used one of their cream buttons.
>> I love the Large Scallop Die from PTI to cut the cream felt. Add a soft feel to the card.
>> The Cranberry thread on the button is actually called "Waxy Flax" from Close to My Heart. I LOVE this stuff. I have it in several colors. It's almost like a waxy floss that you can tie, shape, thread, and adjust at you like.
>> I did some stitching around the edge of the base of the card, and did some random stitches on the ribbon to tie it all down. The stitching definitely finishes it off with the fun and crafty feel.

Tell someone you care about them today! You don't have to wait until Monday to share the love!




1 comment:

  1. I get sooo excited when I see your new cards!! they're so amazing! <3

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online