Sunday, February 27, 2011

TA-DA!!!! The Papertrey Ink "Make-It Monday" deadline is a whole 12+ hours away and I am already posting pictures! Hooray for me! :)
................................................

I must say I am totally looking forward to the Make-It Monday challenges because it will help me get out my ruts and and try some different tricks on my cards. :) THIS particular challenge was right up my alley! I have used the glitter strips technique before, but it was fun to think of a new way to showcase my glitter. :) I DO love glitter so very much! And this week I have had new bonding time with all the pretty colors I have been ignoring for far too long.

SO, I decided I wanted to go all out and create a rainbow with my glitters... and then little 'ole nostalgic me thought of a favorite childhood "buddy"... RAINBOW BRITE! Who wouldn't want to get a card adorned with the sweet little girl who spreads color and cheer to the world. :) SO, I may have gone a little overboard... I made FOUR cards with my featured "guest model". :) And I will be sharing them all week. Each have fun sentiments, colors, and layouts. :) Be sure to hop back over here to see more Rainbow Brite joy!

DETAILS, DETAILS!
>> Papertrey Ink colors are the FABULOUS "Hawaiian Shores" and "Pure Poppy".
>> Of course I used a nice array of glitters my mega combo pack from Martha Stewart. Such great colors in there!
>> My Rainbow Brite image was simply found via a google image search and printed on the computer along with the coordinating sentiment.
>> Fun clouds were cut out with the SLICE "Remember This" cartridge. Texture via my cuttlebug.
>> FELT gave some wonderful texture to this card... yellow and orange with a random stitch, plus lime green die cut with the PTI eyelet lace dies. :)
>> Yep, that's right, I crocheted my pink flower all myself. :)
>> And the pink, yellow, and orange bobbles around Rainbow Brite's feet were the best I could do to make "star sprinkles". ( When I was a little girl, I had a small purple purse for the sole purpose of carrying my imaginary star sprinkles.)
>> I was happy with my "pun" sentiment!
Be sure to stop by again this week for more Rainbow Brite cheer! :)
Give BIG HUGS today!
Tiffany



3 comments:

  1. Super sweet, Tiffany! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, seriously...could this BE any cuter?! I LOVED Rainbow Brite when I was little, and I just love rainbows now..so this card totally made me smile! I just love it! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get out of here! Rainbow Brite! LOVE IT! Great card Tiffany!

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online