Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter Sunrise in Grunge!

Greetings dear bloggers! It's Good Friday, and I have just enough time to get my Easter card up to share with you all. AND, I must say this is my FAVorite Easter card I have ever made. Though I DO love all the traditional images, there is not a single bunny, chick, or colored egg on my card! And I think I quite successfully integrated the Grunge theme from my recent stamp releases.

DETAILS, DETAILS!

>> Papertrey Colors: (Oh how I love all this color on one project!) Hawaiin Shores, New Leaf, Spring Moss Raspberry Fizz, Pure Poppy, and PTI white.

>> The sentiments (inside and out) were made on my computer. I had ten cards to send out across the country to family so printing on my PTI cardstock helps save some time.

>> Stamps used were from "Grunge Me" and "My Hero, My Dad".

I loved the grunge effect on the cross I made. I used Raspberry Fizz with a few small splats in Pure Poppy to give the cross a unique look. Hopefully it's not over the top, but it reminds us of the blood Jesus shed on the cross for the sake of offering us FREEDOM in HIM.



AND, how about my awesome gradient paint job? Kind of looks like an Easter morning sunrise! :) I will have to show a tutorial on how I achieved this look, but basically it was a make-shift stencil, some kids washable paint and a sponge. SUPER easy and fast, and adds gorgeous life to the card. :)



I also like the little humming bird, delicately hovering around the cross. If I had a tiny butterfly that might have looked appropriate, too, but I think the peaceful little bird makes the same statement in a less conventional/predictable way!

The inside of the card had similar pieces too coordinate with the card.


Here's a pile of cards before they got send out in the mail! I pray you have an AMAZING Easter this! I LOVE all the chocolate, colored eggs, flowers, and frills of the day- and most of all, I love the always timely reminder that God LOVES you like Nobody's Business, and HE has Conquered all Darkness and Death. May we embrace and LIVE in those truths today!



Happy Easter to You all!!!


Nothing but Grace,

Tiffany


P.S. Check out Betsy Veldman's Awesome post featuring my Embellishments stamp set and some adorable colored eggs!











3 comments:

  1. wow! great work. all of it pulls together and is amazing. i like the "splatter" on the cross, the twine, and especially the flourish and bird near the cross. praise God, He is risen!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that card! The grunge set works perfectly on it- and I would never have thought to use it on an Easter card! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiffany, this all works together so well. What an amazing job you have done!

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online