- GRUNGE ME: retails at $15 at the Papertrey Ink website
- My Hero, My Dad: retails for $24 at the Papertrey Ink website
- Check out the sidebar to right on this page for recent posts featuring fun designs!
- I love the color combo on this card. The cool thing that I hope you have been seeing is that the grunge and distressed style pretty much works seamlessly with all color combinations! ( I haven't tried it out with pastels, but I am sure a crafty mastermind could pull it off.) Bright colors, dark colors, muted colors, tone on tones, boy colors, girl colors. (I am starting to sound like a Dr. Seuss book!) They all work and the grunge graphics bring great life to all of them. :) This card has a bit of a modern feel with cut out frames and mesh to add a lot of clean lines. I just wanted to show some different ways to use the sentiments even on the outside of the card. And I love the fresh colors from PTI: Enchanted Evening, Spring Moss, and New Leaf. The card below features: Ocean Tides, Dark Chocolate and the mesh is a match to the Teracotta Tile. This card brings up my...
- GRUNGE DESIGN TIP OF THE DAY: It's all about FRAMING!
- Keep your focal point clear and use grunge elements to frame it, not distract. A LOT of grunge design these days hinges on "messy frames" but it's still all purposeful. The card above has the simple framing with the circles around the sentiment strip. If I was going all out I might had some of the grassy elements, stripes, and splotches in coordinating colors to make it more interesting. Utilizing the corner of your frames is a nice option, too.You can add swirls bouncing of the edge... and symmetricality is not a priority in this style... just make sure it feels balanced and the elements tell your eye what is most important to look at. I think I will make a fun card that is ALL OUT GRUNGE for you on the release day to demonstrate. The lovely thing about framing your card with your stamps is you don't have to have tons of layers to make it look interesting. See how simple this card is? Yet it feels complete. You have the power of making a designer edgy paper, but you have control to utilize elements for the best of the project. No compromise! I love that!
It's PRIZE TIME! Leave a Comment on my blog... and here's what I want to know... if you have have a themed set with a grunge twist... what would it be? A holiday? Any specific images you would love? Something on the girly side? (I am fishing for hints as I design sets for the upcoming year!) Leave a comment and you are eligible to WIN the "My Hero, My Dad". The winner will be announced on April 16th!! So be sure to check and see if you won!!!
I have LOVED blogging with you all this week! You are such an encouragement and full of ideas!